3rd Annual Mergers & Acquisitions Summit 2018
Mergers and acquisitions (M&A) in India are expected to continue this year, driven by domestic consolidation, market share expansion and entry into new markets. Companies are sending strong signals that they intend to aim for bigger M&A targets in 2018. India continues to see reasonably high volumes of M&A activity, both domestic & cross border, driven by a relatively stable economy. The liberalization of government policies continued interests from both strategic and financial investors. 2017 saw higher volume of deals (1022 deals worth $46.8 billion), compared to 2016(895 deals valued at $53.2 billion). There has been a spate of high-profile transactions in India in the last few years, whether domestic or international, and both inbound and outbound. With the government continually working towards reforms on all fronts, be it in its regulatory policies to attract foreign investors, providing an impetus to the manufacturing sector with Make in India, improving India's Ease of Doing Business rankings, or providing solace to the much-beleaguered infrastructure sector by paving the path for real estate investment trusts (REITs)/Infrastructure Investment Trusts (InvITs), there is no looking back. On an allied front, practically all laws which could impact M&A transactions are in a state of evolution. Merger and acquisition (M&A) is the path, businesses take to achieve exponential and not just linear growth and therefore continues to generate interest. Inventiconâ€™s 3rd Annual Mergers & Acquisitions Summit is aimed at bringing together the right blend of M&A leaders across various industries to highlight, discuss and conclude as to how a merger & acquisition can propel the Indian economy into the 21st century.
General Counsel and Company Secretary
Tata Technologies Limited
Head – M&A and Corporate Strategy
Cleartrip Pvt. Ltd.
Senior VP and Head of Legal
President Finance & Strategy
Essel Infraprojects Ltd.
Sr VP – Business Development & M&A
Director - M&A
Bennett Coleman and Co. Ltd. (Times Group)
Chief Financial Officer
Granules India Limited
Head Strategic Business Planning and M&A
Chief Business Officer (Former CFO & Chief Strategy Officer)
Zee Entertainment Enterprises Limited.
UltraTech Cement Limited
Country Head - Investment Banking Advisory Services
Dr. Ravindra Utgikar
Vice President - Corporate Strategy & Marketing
Praj Industries Ltd.
Vice President and Head, M&A, Corporate Venturing and Investor Relations
Shalaut Kumar Jain
General Manager and Head, M&A and Lead Development Consumer Products
Piramal Enterprises Limited
Legal Head, Asia Pacific and Japan
Group Chief Financial Officer
PropTiger.com, Housing.com & Makaan.com
Key Benefits3rd Annual Mergers & Acquisitions Summit is aimed at bringing together the right blend of M&A leaders across various industries to highlight, discuss and conclude as to how a merger & acquisition can propel the Indian economy into the 21st century.
Key Conference Focus Areas
- Mergers & Acquisitions: A catalyst to the economic developments in India
- M&A Policies & legal framework in India
- BEPS, POEM, GAAR - adoption in India and impact on M&A
- Role of financial advisors & investment banks in M&A
- Cross-border M&A - dissolving boundaries
- Mergers & Acquisitions in India - dealing with the future
- Successful negotiation tactics for M&A transactions
- Trends in deal structuring and Business valuation
- Risk management and business valuation with thorough effective due diligence
- Post-merger integration and venture capital involvement in M&A
Why should you attend?
- Map out the latest emerging strategies that will help your M&A process reach the next level
- Gain in-depth guidance on latest solutions being adopted to combat M&A professionals
- Understand the specific guidelines on Mergers & Acquisitions
- Share best practices on various aspects of M&A
- Network with India's top regulatory and M&A experts
Who should attend?
- Chief Executive Officers / Chief Financial Officers / Chief Risk Officers
- Heads, Presidents, Vice Presidents, Directors, General Managers of:
- Corporate Strategy & Business Development
- New Ventures
- International Business Development
- Joint Ventures
- Investor relations & Fund raising